Can you really strengthen your pelvic muscles?
Pelvic muscles are like any other set of muscles. Over time and without exercise, pelvic muscles can lose their strength and tone. However, pelvic muscle exercises performed on a consistent basis combined with biofeedback have been shown to actually help restore pelvic muscle strength.
What are the most common causes of pelvic floor weakness?
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Strenuous or high impact exercises such as lifting, running or jumping
- Hormonal changes during menopause
- Excessive body weight
- Straining from chronic constipation
- Smoking and chronic coughing
What benefits can I expect to see from strengthening my pelvic muscles?
Strong pelvic muscles can help:
- Prevent or significantly improve bladder leaks, accidents and sudden urges
- Improve pregnancy recovery (tone the pelvic muscles before or after childbirth)
- Ease the symptoms of menopause
- Increase sexual pleasure, vaginal tone, moisture and response
- Prevent pelvic organ relaxation
What is biofeedback?
Biofeedback is simply personal feedback of a body function such as heart rate, temperature or muscle strength. For example, a thermometer also provides biofeedback when it measures body temperature. The Myself® Trainer provides real time biofeedback by measuring the squeezing and holding action of the pelvic muscles during exercise.
What is The Myself® Trainer?
The Myself® Trainer is an FDA-cleared, over-the-counter personal, muscle strengthener that helps you strengthen your pelvic floor muscles yourself - so they can avoid bladder accidents and sudden urges. Designed by a urologist and recommended by OB/GYNs, The Myself® Trainer has been clinically shown to safely and effectively help you gain the benefits of strong pelvic floor muscles in just five minutes a day.
Why should you use The Myself® Trainer?
Strong pelvic muscles help you achieve better bladder control, recover faster after childbirth, ease menopause symptoms and improve sexual response. Effectively strengthening these muscles alone can be difficult. To solve this, our clinicians and designers built upon the treatment used by doctors to improve pelvic floor weakness to create The Myself® Trainer, a solution that you can use successfully on your own.